Happy New Year Coalition family, friends
For any organization or program, the beginning of each new year brings renewal, hopefulness and vision. As we head into 2019, CSVANW is committed to supporting our tribal communities in ending domestic and sexual violence while working towards a bigger picture of breaking cycles of violence.
As we continue our work in changing the conversation, we are excited for the changes our communities are also making toward prevention and intervention. As we look back over the last year, there is so much to celebrate and applaud.
Here are some of our milestones in 2018:
- Diversify our revenue sources- from 3 sources to now 18 sources in 2018
- Grow our staff to 12 positions plus 4 consultants that equates to a CSVANW team of 16- the first in our history!
- Move CSVANW offices and expand into 11 office suites, a reception area, break room and conference room that welcomes community and holds space for movement building
- Helped us bring in over $166,000 in general contributions and donations in 2017 and 2018 combined so far
- Awarded CSVANW a Certificate of Recognition by the 23rd Navajo Nation Council for CSVANW’s outstanding advocacy work and commitment in combatting sexual assault for Native women and children
- Awarded CSVANW the 2018 New Mexico Advocacy in Action Service Award- the first tribal organization awarded in its history
- Increase our membership by 23% to include tribal programs in each community
- And through your active engagement, we are reaching an upward of 200K hits a quarter on the CSVANW website
Our growth is made possible by the ongoing support of programs, organizations, and individuals across the region. Thank you for supporting CSVANW’s work and mission in 2017. We look forward to continuing to build space for community in 2019 and beyond.